How To Pick The Right Treatment Center
- Find out details of the program. Is there a curriculum? Is it 12-Step based? Does the resident have options if they don’t subscribe to 12-Step? Is it abstinence based? Is religion a part of the program? Is individual therapy included on-site? Is family therapy included on-site?
- Licensing/accreditation status. Is the program licensed in their state? Do they have any other accreditations, for example The Joint Commission (TJC, formerly JCAHO) or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)? These accreditations show that the agency has demonstrated that they are meeting nationally defined standards of care.
- Is the clinical staff licensed? Who will you be working with the most and are they trained?
- Does the program take insurance?
- Do they offer appealing holistics and amenities?